Friday, September 2, 2011

Who am I ? - Jenny

I'm Jihyun Lee from Korea, and I lived in Daejeon.
But I had born in Seoul, then I continue moving a lot of times.Korea is divided 8 provinces; for example, Chung-chong do, Gyeongsang do, and so on. I has lived all 8 provinces because my father regularly moved work site. It is great experience to me and my family. In the USA, I am living with home stay family in Placentia. They are so nice and kind.
My family is composed of father, mother, two younger brothers, and me. My father directs constructing site; for example, he lead the construction of airport in Incheon. My mother works in University food court, so she is always tired and exhausted;however, she is full of energy and is active all the time. I have two brothers. One is 2 years old younger than me, and he is a college student. The other is 6 years younger than me, so he is student to at junior high school. They have great potential and skills. I love my family :)
I really like challenge because it is to boring without challenge and change. I tend to handle the problem quickly by myself. Because I usually compare me to others, I am often under a lot of stress, so I really want to change that. And the first time when I meet new people, I'm shy and not speak well in front of them. I struggle to change my personality, but it is hard to me. I have a plan to go backpacking in Europe with my best friend. We collected the money by ourselves for 2 years. Finally we will go to there on December 24Th. I'm so expecting about that. Maybe, this year is very meaningful to me because I study in Cal state Fullerton, I went to Japan in January, and I will go to Europe in winter.
My major is food science and technology. Although now I'm very interested in that, I didn't want to learn about food few years ago. I want to be a researcher and professor. In Korea, researchers can teach college student, so I really want to be both of them. It is very important skill to speak, use, and know the English in Korea. So, I will master and be familiar with the English !

3 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful, Jenny. With the experience of living in many places so far, you must have had interesting views about life. As I have lived in four places since I finished junior high school, those moves really helps me to have critical thinking about things around. If we have time, I woulk like to listen to what you have gone through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bella. It is great that you were able to experience so many different places in Korea. I hope that you continue to be able to travel! Backpacking in Europe will be really fun. I backpacked through Europe years ago when I finished my undergraduate degree. It was really fun and I would love to go back to Europe again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I really like challenge because it is to boring without challenge and change. I tend to handle the problem quickly by myself. Because I usually compare me to others, I am often under a lot of stress, so I really want to change that" I like challenge too ^^. I also easy to get stressed because I usually think too much about something. I think we have some similarities. It's cool :D

    ReplyDelete